The Contemporary Miniprint of Kazanlak is an annual event open internationally to all artists over the age of 18, working in traditional printmaking techniques and/or working in experimental digital printmaking and mixed media techniques.
All fine-art printmaking mediums and tendencies are acceptable, including relief, lithography, silkscreen, intaglio, monotype and original digital media. Photography and direct copy reproduction of artworks will not be accepted. All artists must agree to the entry terms and conditions below.
Electronic early-bird registration begins: October 20, 2016
End of Early-bird registration: December 31, 2016
End of Regulation registration: April 20, 2017
End of the jury award process: April 25, 2017
Deadline for the reception of selected works: May 25, 2017
Fine Arts Gallery Kazanlak Exhibition: June 1 - June 30, 2017
Travelling Exhibition (locations to be confirmed): July 1 - July 15, 2017 (to be confirmed)
Unsold exhibited works will be sent by regular mail: July 31, 2017
1) Registration Form: During the early-bird and regular registration periods, artists are required to complete and submit the registration form on the website. The registration form can be found at the link in our registration page.
* Important: Fill the entry form as clearly as possible, as this will be the exact information that we will use when creating all exhibition material and promotional media. Artist name and country should be clearly stated (not all capital letters please), name or format of works will be labeled as they are written in this form.
2) Entry Fee: All applying artists will need to complete the registration entry fees. Entry fees are payable on the webpage through our PayPal link on the registration page.
- During the Early bird registration period (October 20th 2016 - December 31st 2016), the entry fee is 40 Euros.
- During the Regular registration period (January 1st 2017 - April 20th 2017), the entry fee is 50 Euros.
* Important: Copy, record and save a screenshot of your PayPal confirmation number, as this will be your proof of payment that you will need to email us along with your submitted works.
3) Submitting Works & Other Material: Applying artists should attach images of up to 3 works, in JPEG digital format, to email@example.com. Sent images will be used for promotional purposes such as the website or catalog, and thus need to be of presentation quality. Attached images should be at a 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 inches) image size, 300 dpi resolution, and be named according to the following format:
Last name_First name_Title.jpg (example: Smith_John_Untitled2.jpg)
* Important: Sent works will need to have an original image format of 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 inch), on a paper size not larger than 19 x 19 cm (7.5 x 7.5 inch) in either direction. The format of the works does not need to be square, but paper sizes that are larger than 19 cm (7.5 inch) in either direction will need to be trimmed down in order to be exhibited.
Additionally to the 3 images of the submitted works, artists will need to send their PayPal proof of payment number or screenshot in the email, as well as a recent Curriculum Vitae and/or Artist statement.
All submitted entries shall receive back a confirmation email confirming that we have received all their required material.
JURY REVIEW AND AWARD PROCESS
From April 20, 2017 to April 25, 2017, all submitted works will be reviewed by an international jury of professionals in the field of engraving, presided by the direction of the Contemporary Miniprint of Kazanlak in collaboration with the city of Kazanlak’s administrative council.
The jury shall award 2 First Prizes (1 for Traditional Printmaking + 1 for Experimental Printmaking) and up to 6 Honorary Mentions (3 for Traditional Printmaking + 3 for Experimental Printmaking).
Both First Prize awarded artists will be invited to send a portfolio of additional works (up to 15 each) and will be featured in solo exhibitions alongside the Contemporary Miniprint of Kazanlak during the complete duration of the event, as well as in subsequent exhibitions. We also ask both First Prize awarded artists to provide one copy of the awarded work for the International Miniprint of Kazanlak Archive for cultural purposes only and potential future exhibitions of all awarded entries.
The names of the winning artists will be made public at the official opening ceremony. The decisions of the jury are final and not subject to appeal.
From April 26 to May 25 2017, all selected artists will be asked to send prints of the same works which have been reviewed by the jury during the selection stage to the following address:
Art Gallery Kanzalak
Kiril y Metodi 9
* Important: All packages should be sent by registered airmail marked as “PRINTED MATTER” in a simple packet, without glass frame or passe-partout, with the declaration “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”. Packages not having the declaration “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE” will be retained at customs, and therefore will not be received and exhibited by Miniprint Kazanlak and will be returned to the senders at their own expense.
Please send works properly packed and protected adequately for the transport of fragile print materials (example: inserted between 2 sturdy cardboard sheets).
Artists will need to lightly attach a completed Exhibition Tab Form (received during the acceptance confirmation email) on the back of each sent work inside the package. Artists also will need to include a return envelope in the package, with their return address clearly indicated for returning their works. Sending works will be made at the expense of the participating artists. Unsold works shall be returned to the sender by regular mail at the expense of Miniprint Kazanlak, in the return envelope provided by the artist. The artist is responsible for clearly indicating his/her return address on the envelope he/she provides.
The organizers do not take responsibility for damages occurring during transportation of the works or due to defective packing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to insure his/her works if desired; the organizers shall not insure the works for the time of transportation and storage. Entries arriving after the application deadline or differing from those reviewed during the selection stage shall be returned to sender at his/her expense.
The acceptance into the Contemporary Miniprint of Kazanlak exhibition constitutes an agreement by the artists to:
- Exhibit his prints
- Entrust the works to the organizers for their presentation in the exhibition until the end of July 2017
- Agree to the publication of selected works on TV, the press, the internet and any other media as well as in other printed or recorded forms such as bulletins, catalogues, video and CD/DVD prepared to promote the main exhibition and accompanying events. Miniprint Kazanlak may also use reproduction in order to promote activity (selected artists shall be credited accordingly).
The Contemporary Miniprint of Kazanlak 2017 will open in the principal Fine Arts Gallery of Kazanlak on June 1, 2017, and will be featured at the gallery until June 30, 2017.
The complete 2017 exhibition will also be showcased in a Travelling Exhibition (locations to be confirmed) from July 1 to July 15, 2017. More details will follow.
All works exhibited during the Contemporary Miniprint of Kazanlak will be made for sale during the entire length of the exhibition, at the prices set by the each artist in his/her corresponding exhibition tabs (we kindly ask artists to set reasonable prices).
* Important: For this 5th Edition, please note that Miniprint Kazanlak will not be taking a Commission fee on the sale of all works; 100% of price of sold works will remain for the artist.
RETURN OF UNSOLD ARTWORK
At the end of the exhibition cycle in late July, unsold works shall be returned to the sender by regular mail, at the expense of the organizers, in the return envelope provided by the artists (the artist is responsible for clearly indicating his/her return address on the envelope). All participating artists shall also receive a free digital exhibition catalog (DVD).
Local artists will be invited to recollect their works in person.
If the artist does not inform the organizers in writing about any change of address and the package returns to the organizers, subsequent deliveries shall be made at the expense of the artists. Although the prints will always be handled with the greatest care, the organizers will not be responsible for any loss or damage during transit or handling.
For any additional inquiries, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org